A Better Chance for Our Children is dedicated to providing permanency for children. We focus on finding families for waiting children, most from foster care and many with special needs. We believe that through education and support, families can develop the skills necessary to provide a stable, nurturing environment for these children. We prioritize training and support with families so that waiting children have a better chance of overcoming the trauma they have experienced. We believe that all children deserve a chance to be the best people they can be and, to achieve this, it is in a child’s best interest to be with a properly trained and supportive family.
A BETTER CHANCE
For Our Children
We serve as the connection to bring children and families together. We represent the prospective adoptive families, while working with agencies who are caring for the children.
Our Services Include:
- Resource Family Preparation Training Groups
- Family Counseling focused on foster care and adoption
- Specialized groups for adopted children
- Respite for adoptive families
- Specialized parenting education classes and support groups
- Ongoing training and support for any family touched by adoption.
ABCFOC welcomes all interested applicants as prospective resources for children waiting for a family. We acknowledge and respect the dignity and differences in each individual, and the potential of each applicant to nurture and provide for a child.